Tuesday 29 August 2006

five things

With thanks to Haalo, and of course, Melissa from the Traveler's Lunchbox, I give you the five things I would recommend everyone eat before they die :

  1. the difference between sadly factory farmed and naturally organically reared meat, especially chicken and pork.
  2. something you have sown and grown then eaten at the peak of its existence - be that a herb, a vegetable, a fruit or a beast. For me, the pinacle (so far) is a broccoli I grew, then harvested and cooked and ate within about 10 minutes - definately the most delicious food I have ever eaten and has made me want to do it again and again and again and again . . .
  3. Butter so fresh because you have made it yourself - there is nothing to beat the freshness of your own unsalted butter - except your own butter from the milk from your own cow . . . not that I have a cow but I can dream . . .
  4. Pie : The perfect (yes made yourself with your own pastry) potato topped mince pie - mmmmmmmm!
  5. New Zealand sauvignon blanc - as fresh and tasty as a wine can get - albeit perhaps not as flash or expensive, but special and ground breaking to be sure.

I have never taken part in a meme before but there is a first time for everything, especially for something I felt would be so easy to complete . . . so if you feel the same join in and remember to link back to Melissa so she add your suggestions to the list!

5 comments:

Emma said...

Bron! Glad to hear from you! I had you on my list to tag too, but then I decided not to tag anyone.
Looking forward to your list.
I would choose a Jersey cow myself . . . sigh.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your list.
great selection.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you read carefully, it's a project, not a meme :)

I was very torn about having to leave the NZ Sauvignon Blanc off my list, so I made up for it by drinking one last night. I'm happy to see that someone made sure it was represented though!

Haalo said...

Great list - and I especially love that you included butter!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma, I have just browsed the results (so far) of this joint project and I have stumbled over your list. I like it, I agree with everything, especially butter (I would not like to live without it, we also have very good butter here in Austria) AND, as for Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand: I very often buy Mount Nelson here in Austria, imagine ! Kind regards from Vienna, angelika